February already?

How time flies.

Absolutely F.L.I.E.S

Are we just flies off the wall (shouldn't that be lizards?) that watches the time wheezing by?

Oh well.

Finished reading Jo Nesbo's 'The Devil's Star' three nights ago.
Second book read by him, the first was Nemesis, read last year.
I like his pace, I like his plot and sub-plots and intricacies and weaving of the tale.
Makes for an interesting catchy read, and his characters truly do come alive.
His characters are very "current".

I bought his books (Nemesis & Redbreast) at the same time I bought Roslan Mohd Noor's '21 Immortals' by Silverfish last year. I was intrigued by a write-up in The Star about 21, so when I chanced upon it in the bookstore, well I just grabbed it. And being published by Silverfish made it a good prospect for a good read. As for Nesbo, I bought it because it says 'International Bestseller'. That works for me :)

Anyways, on 21, yes, the author should be applauded for flawless writing in English and finally giving us a local Malaysian flavour of crime. But I didn't quite like it though. A bit bland for me though it showed us some mechanism of the workings of the local brass, AND close-to-life dialogues that can be heard on the Malaysian streets, offices, etc. Wanna buy the book off me? Still in mint condition :)

Moving house is such a hassle. Things are still in boxes, and boxes are still outside the house waiting to be stored.
Some book boxes are unpacked.
Thinking of selling some books, most likely priced between RM5, 8, 10, 13, 17 for the old books, depending on the condition.
These are randomly plucked figures from my overworked brain, nothing conclusive as yet.
But I should. I must. Let go of some books.

What say you?
And where shall I publish it online (with pictures, of course?)
#

Labels:

posted by dee3 @ 13:08,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home