Hello 2012!

Yes, hello. It's been awhile, hasn't it?

So what else is new but CNY has come (and not yet gone. Not until Chap Goh Mei, that is).
So what else is new but I haven't said a peep here since 2009.
So it's a 2-year hiatus, it is!

Many things said and done in that 2-years.
Many things that hurt and inspired in that 2-years.
Many straight roads, detours, U-turns, dead-ends in that 2-years.

But what matters is that we are still breathing, and amazed yet irritated by the events surrounding us.
And yes, that includes breaking down once-in-awhile to drown in our sorrows, until the time we decide that the sun is actually burning bright.

So what beckons in life is HOPE. FAITH. LOVE.
HOLDING ON. BRACING THE STORM.
LETTING GO.

Responsibilities can make us buckle, but consider the exercise on the shoulders, it should make it broader and stronger, no?

This year, I propose to properly and faithfully let go of the remnants of hurt left inside.
It doesn't do to keep the hurt welled up, it's not like I'm earning interest in FD.
It's not enriching me, and it may well increase the probability of early retirement 6 feet under.
So if what is required is to delete those no-good telephone numbers, then I will.

I am still the procrastinator that I am.
Oh well, you've gotta live with it. I have, for 34 years now.
Sigh. Mid-30s beckoning. More sigh.

For now, first book read for 2012 is Jostein Gaarder's "The Solitaire Mystery".
The question of which book do I like better compared to "Sophie's World", I can't answer.
Mystery is so well-written that it intertwines seamlessly, and I am amazed at his thought process in coming up with the plot and sub-plots. It must have been a difficult book to write *heh*methinks
World on the other hand... is so concise that I can just pick up the book and read from anywhere.

Oh well, not that I am a book reviewer, but I think that I should chronicles the books read.
For 2012.
And working backwards, I probably should cover 2011 and 2010 as well, to make up for lost time.

Isn't keeping your brain and thoughts active the way to age "gracefully"?
I digress.

So here's another HELLO!

Labels: ,

posted by dee3 @ 00:15,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home